Today users are always looking for a new game for playing. Some of the famous games are candy crush, Pokémon Go, Angry Birds, online Rummy. You are able to download these games easily from play stores or from websites. Today the youngsters have an addiction of playing games online. Users are playing games for fun and entertainment. But be aware this new game can force you to commit suicide. A new online game called as Blue Whale has reportedly been challenging kids to commit suicide at the final stage. According to report almost 100 teenage deaths occurred in Russia and the game is said to have originated there.
About the new game: The new online game called Blue Whale is a social media group which gives a series of tasks for 50 days. The tasks included in this game are watching horror films all day, waking up at 4:20 am, contemplating death and self-harming by carving the shape of a blue whale into the arm and the final stage of this game is suicide. The users who play this game are asked by the administrators to send pictures of the various tasks as evidence, failing which, threat messages are hurled back at them.
Tasks given By the Game administrator: According to article published in Quora, the following tasks are assigned by the administrator:
- Carve the sign “f57” on your arm with a razor and send its photo to the curator.
- Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos which the curator sends you.
- Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, making only 3 cuts and send a photo to the curator.
- Draw a whale on a sheet of paper and send a photo to the curator.
- If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (It means that punish yourself).
- Task with a cipher.
- Carve “f40” on your hand and send a photo to the curator.
- Type “#i_am whale” in your VKontakte status.
- You have to overcome your fear.
- Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
- Carve a whale on your hand with a razor and send a photo to the curator.
- Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
- Listen to music that the curators send you.
- Cut your lip and send a pic to the curator.
- Poke your hand with a needle many times.
- Do something painful to yourself and make yourself sick.
- Go to the highest roof you can find and stand on the edge for some time.
- Go to a bridge and stand on the edge.
- Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
- The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
- Have a talk “with a whale” (You have to talk with another player like you or with a curator) on Skype.
- Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
- Another task with a cipher.
- Secret task.
- Have a meeting with a “whale.”
- The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
- Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and visit any railroad that you can find.
- Don’t talk to anyone all day.
- Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
- Every day you wake up at 4:20 am, watch horror videos, listen to music that “they” send you, make 1 cut on your body per day, talk “to a whale”.
- Jump off a high building. Take your life.
According to an investigation carried out in Russia, an increasing rate of suicides among teenagers was observed during November 2015 and April 2016, especially among those who belonged to the same internet groups. It included the death of two school girls who committed suicide. One of them shared a picture of a Blue Whale with the caption ‘END’, several hours before she took her own life. Similar suicide cases have been reported in Estonia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine, while detectives in Rio De Janeiro have recorded two teenage deaths.
Cyber Security Advisory:
This game is the biggest challenge for parents to prevent their children from indulging in. Parents are strongly recommended to monitor the feelings and worries of their children. They must make sure that their child is not playing this dangerous game. It is advisable to keep watch on the internet activities of your child, their siblings and friends. Users are recommended to avoid playing this game. If you notice anyone exhibiting signs of self-harm or posting content online that is uncharacteristic of them, inform their family members about it.
This game is not launched in India so users must be aware of fake applications. If you install such malicious application from unknown sources it will be harmful to you. A malicious application can control your smartphone.
This is not the first time that such a dangerous game has been created. In 2015, a game named ‘Charlie Charlie Challenge’ went viral which set out to get kids into the contact of spirits and supernatural elements. The rules of the game were to place two pens atop each other and create a grid with the four sectors labeled ‘yes’ and ‘no’. Then, the players had to say aloud: “Charlie, Charlie, come play with me”. Police in the US, UK, and Europe have issued warnings to parents about Blue Whale games. The Indian government also needs to ban such games which are forcing users to commit suicide.